The Fort McMurray International Airport (YMM) offers passengers several post-security food, beverage and convenience store options.
ATM is located beside the parking machine on arrivals level.
Level 1, Arrivals Hall – Information Centre
The Fort McMurray International Airport (YMM) offers passengers several post-security service options.
One ATM is located beside the food court. A second ATM is located beside Earls.
Level 2, Gate 4
Vending Machines & Water Fountains
Near washrooms at Gates 1, 2 & 5
The Fort McMurray International Airport (YMM) is lucky to have a diverse passenger base, consisting of various cultures and faiths. YMM understands that travelling can be stressful and sometimes passengers require an atmosphere to destress, meditate or simply relax.
YMM’s Quiet Rooms are spaces available through a partnership with the Collaboration for Religious Inclusion (CRI).
CRI brings together like-minded organizations within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB) to promote unity through religious inclusion and understanding. The group aims to engage and educate the public through workshops, forums, media, and collaborative initiatives.
Quiet space locations
There are two Quiet Rooms offered at YMM:
- Level 1 – Arrivals Hall, behind the Information Centre. This pre-security location is open to the general public.
- Gate 1 – This post-security location is a private space and ideal for parents with newborns, individuals with Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD), and others who can benefit from a quiet surrounding during their travel experience.
At YMM we support the Alberta Health Services Wood Buffalo Baby-Friendly Initiative – all of our public spaces are breastfeeding friendly. For those seeking privacy while breastfeeding, our quiet rooms, both pre- and post-security, offer a peaceful space for you and your child.
Guidelines for Use
- Quiet Rooms are for contemplation, meditation, thought, prayer, breastfeeding, etc. Please respect the room’s intended use and refrain from sleeping or napping.
- Due to a lack of additional ventilation for smudging, incense, or other ritual-producing smoke or odour, such activities are prohibited. There is an outdoor courtyard located near the luggage carousels that may be used for these purposes.
- Be respectful of others and respect the space. Tidy up or call 780-793-8970 if there is a concern with the room.
- Please remove all footwear and place them on the shoe rack.
- Please refrain from conversation/speaking aloud in the Quiet Room.
- Eating food in the Quiet Room is prohibited.
- Cell phone use in the Quiet Room is prohibited.